It has been another busy and successful period at Marlow Rowing Club. Since the last newsletter:
- The WJ16 4x won at Henley Women's Regatta;
- We had four crews in Henley Royal Regatta, and the junior boys won the Fawley with a surge at the finish (report and video);
- There were wins at Henley Veterans Regatta - all wins are listed on the results page;
- The J16 2x and J16 4x were selected to represent GB in the GB v France and both went on to win their races;
- MRC juniors were selected for the Junior World Championships and the Coupe;
Update: We're also pleased to report that we have 5 junior girls at the home countries competition representing England.
We're delighted to report yet more GB selection for MRC juniors (boys and girls):
- Junior Worlds – Sholto Carnegie in 2x
- Junior Worlds – Harry Glenister in 4x
- Junior Worlds - Josh Kent - Sculling Reseve
- Coupe – Josh Kent in 2x
- Coupe – Abi Armstrong in 2x
That makes a total of 11 boys/girls getting international selection this year, with Home International selection still to be decided from the results of British Junior Champs this weekend. Well Done! (More detailed report to follow)
Following trials at Nottingham on Sunday 30th June for the Great Britain v France Match, our congratulations to the J16 2x (Fraser Russell & Alex Haynes) and JW16 4x (Molly Harding, Heidi Long, Rosalind Wilson, Erica Holmes) who have both been selected for the upcoming GB France match this Sunday.
The GB France match is an event for boys and girls who are under 16. Because of these selections, Marlow Rowing Club have 6 athletes earning their first International vest at London Docklands.
The Wycombe Wanderers Football Club squad will be rowing with us on Thursday 18th July as part of their pre-season training. Spectators are welcome from 2-4pm on the day to watch the WW players racing each other on the Thames and can watch water training earlier.
Of the win, Rowing Voice said: "That Fawley final was an absolute blinder. Amazing surge by Marlow, nearly unbelievable".
Sunday 8th September 2013
37 or 55 miles
£25 entry fee, raise a minimum of £250 for the new boathouse appeal.