Chris Lenton and the River Church Band are putting on a concert of essentially Bob Dylan songs with and mixture of blues and additional material by Eric Clapton, George Harrison and Paul Simon. The concert will take place on Friday 29th November at The Royal British Legion Station Approach, Marlow 8.00pm for 8.30 start. More details and tickets online.
The Club Supper will be on 22nd November at the Compleat Angler - one or two tickets have been released late: see online booking for these and for a queue.
The Guest Speaker is famous balloonist and adventurer, David Hempleman-Adams
details and online booking. Members and guests only.
* Update on the building
* Fundraising update - particular the President's Dinner on 1st November
* Rowing Matters
* Membership reminder
Email invitations have been sent out on behalf of our President, Sir Steve Redgrave CBE DL, to selected local organisations to attend the Corporate Breakfast event. If you have received one, please respond to the email given as places are limited.
Club Results - Final version for 2012/13 season. 98 wins from the year (plus 10 composite wins).
Great showing from all squads, well done all! Special congratulations to our international representatives, you did the club proud.
It has been another busy and successful period at Marlow Rowing Club. Since the last newsletter:
- The WJ16 4x won at Henley Women's Regatta;
- We had four crews in Henley Royal Regatta, and the junior boys won the Fawley with a surge at the finish (report and video);
- There were wins at Henley Veterans Regatta - all wins are listed on the results page;
- The J16 2x and J16 4x were selected to represent GB in the GB v France and both went on to win their races;
- MRC juniors were selected for the Junior World Championships and the Coupe;