Chris Lenton and the River Church Band are putting on a concert of essentially Bob Dylan songs with and mixture of blues and additional material by Eric Clapton, George Harrison and Paul Simon. The concert will take place on Friday 29th November at The Royal British Legion Station Approach, Marlow 8.00pm for 8.30 start. More details and tickets online.
Email invitations have been sent out on behalf of our President, Sir Steve Redgrave CBE DL, to selected local organisations to attend the Corporate Breakfast event. If you have received one, please respond to the email given as places are limited.
It has been another busy and successful period at Marlow Rowing Club. Since the last newsletter:
- The WJ16 4x won at Henley Women's Regatta;
- We had four crews in Henley Royal Regatta, and the junior boys won the Fawley with a surge at the finish (report and video);
- There were wins at Henley Veterans Regatta - all wins are listed on the results page;
- The J16 2x and J16 4x were selected to represent GB in the GB v France and both went on to win their races;
- MRC juniors were selected for the Junior World Championships and the Coupe;
Update: We're also pleased to report that we have 5 junior girls at the home countries competition representing England.
We're delighted to report yet more GB selection for MRC juniors (boys and girls):
- Junior Worlds – Sholto Carnegie in 2x
- Junior Worlds – Harry Glenister in 4x
- Junior Worlds - Josh Kent - Sculling Reseve
- Coupe – Josh Kent in 2x
- Coupe – Abi Armstrong in 2x
That makes a total of 11 boys/girls getting international selection this year, with Home International selection still to be decided from the results of British Junior Champs this weekend. Well Done! (More detailed report to follow)