2013 Event News
We are sorry to announce that we will be unable to run the Long Distance Sculls event in 2013. This is due to our move out of our clubhouse during the rebuild. We are temporarily taking up space at Longridge which we would normally have used to host the event and given the existing congestion on the site it won't be possible to run an event from there.
We plan to offer the event again in 2014 so please keep it in your diary!
Email invitations have been sent out on behalf of our President, Sir Steve Redgrave CBE DL, to selected local organisations to attend the Corporate Breakfast event. If you have received one, please respond to the email given as places are limited.
It has been another busy and successful period at Marlow Rowing Club. Since the last newsletter:
- The WJ16 4x won at Henley Women's Regatta;
- We had four crews in Henley Royal Regatta, and the junior boys won the Fawley with a surge at the finish (report and video);
- There were wins at Henley Veterans Regatta - all wins are listed on the results page;
- The J16 2x and J16 4x were selected to represent GB in the GB v France and both went on to win their races;
- MRC juniors were selected for the Junior World Championships and the Coupe;
Update: We're also pleased to report that we have 5 junior girls at the home countries competition representing England.
We're delighted to report yet more GB selection for MRC juniors (boys and girls):
- Junior Worlds – Sholto Carnegie in 2x
- Junior Worlds – Harry Glenister in 4x
- Junior Worlds - Josh Kent - Sculling Reseve
- Coupe – Josh Kent in 2x
- Coupe – Abi Armstrong in 2x
That makes a total of 11 boys/girls getting international selection this year, with Home International selection still to be decided from the results of British Junior Champs this weekend. Well Done! (More detailed report to follow)
Following trials at Nottingham on Sunday 30th June for the Great Britain v France Match, our congratulations to the J16 2x (Fraser Russell & Alex Haynes) and JW16 4x (Molly Harding, Heidi Long, Rosalind Wilson, Erica Holmes) who have both been selected for the upcoming GB France match this Sunday.
The GB France match is an event for boys and girls who are under 16. Because of these selections, Marlow Rowing Club have 6 athletes earning their first International vest at London Docklands.
The Wycombe Wanderers Football Club squad will be rowing with us on Thursday 18th July as part of their pre-season training. Spectators are welcome from 2-4pm on the day to watch the WW players racing each other on the Thames and can watch water training earlier.